The Lord will afflict you with wasting disease, fever, inflammation, burning heat, drought, blight, and mildew; these will pursue you until you perish. Deuteronomy 28:22 CSB
This is the final episode in the Black Israel series and the first episode back from my hiatus. Today we're talking about the health issues discussed in Deuteronomy 28:15-68, as well as wrapping up the series. When I first started studying this, I wondered if it mattered and what its relevance to today was. So, in this final episode, we discuss why this passage is important to all of us today, regardless of color, nationality, or lineage.
The final footnotes include links to the first 2 podcasts in the series and the initial blog post about the topic.
References and Footnotes
- Bubbles has chronic upper respiratory issues, so don't mind her if you hear here sneezing in the mic throughout the episodes.
- Kim Carollo. "5 Diseases More Common in Minorities". ABC News. October 2011
- When I said a hard head makes a soft behind, Proverbs 13:24 popped into my head too.
- God tells us what to eat in Genesis 1:29, Genesis 9:3, and Leviticus 11.
- Surrendering to Christ and allowing the Holy Spirit to dwell within you means you should see changes in your behavior (this is the main point of the Fruit of the Spirit series.
- Ree Hughes. “”. PSALMS to God. June 19, 2016Deuteronomy 28: The Curse of Israel & The Black Israelite Theory
- Ree Hughes. "". PSALMS to God. June 10, 2019Black Israel
- Ree Hughes. "". PSALMS to God. June 17, 2019Black Israel Pt. 2