August 26, 2020
Table of Contents
19 For in those days there will be tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the creation which God created until this time, nor ever shall be. 20 And unless the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake, whom He chose, He shortened the days. 21 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or, ‘Look, He is there!’ do not believe it. 22 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 23 But take heed; see, I have told you all things beforehand. Mark 13:19-23 NKJV
2020 has been quite the year. I haven’t talked about a lot of what’s been happening because everybody is talking about it, but I couldn’t stay silent forever.
Notes from the Episode
- What has been happening this year?
- The US almost ended up in a war with Iran over the death of General Qasem Soleimani
- The entire world shut down over COVID-19
- Murder Hornets
- Fire Tornadoes
- Hurricanes Galore
- Stock Market Crash
- It is election season in multiple countries (U.S., Venezula, and New Zealand)
- That's only a partial list, and it's overwhelming!
- We live in a time where we could actually implement a "mark" that controls buying and selling (previous generations did not have world wide access and cooperation).
- It is important that we don't let fear make decisions for us! When people are afraid, we make decisions we ordinarily wouldn't. Our decisions should come from a rational (and Spiritual) place, even in times of uncertainty.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
- There are lots of things that we could be worried about right now, and with good reason. However, now is the time to focus on the good, focus on our relationship with God, and not cling to the world.
Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Bible Verses to Combat Fear
References and Footnotes
- Natasha Turak. "‘The puppet master is dead’: Iranian Gen. Qasem Soleimani’s power, and why his death is such a big deal". CNBC News. January 3, 2020
- Mike Baker. "‘Murder Hornets’ in the U.S.: The Rush to Stop the Asian Giant Hornet". NY Times. May 2, 2020
- "Significant Earthquakes - 2020". U.S. Geological Survey Earthquake Hazards Program; visited August 25, 2020
- Matthew Cappucci. "A freak fire tornado warning was issued in California Saturday amid swarm of spinning blazes". The Washington Post. August 16, 2020
- Jonathan Erdman. "Laura and Marco Likely to Deliver Back-to-Back Landfalls on U.S. Gulf Coast; Here's How Rare That Is". The Weather Channel. August 20, 2020
- "2020 Stock Market Crash". Wikipedia; visited August 25, 2020
PSALMS to God is a blog, podcast, and YouTube channel that discusses many topics and issues, always keeping YHWH as the anchor. Hosea 4:6 says “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge”—here, the aim is to always ask questions and study to find the answers. You can keep up with new content by signing up for the weekly newsletter.