7 One who corrects a scoffer gets dishonor for himself,
And one who rebukes a wicked person gets insults for himself.
8 Do not rebuke a scoffer, or he will hate you;
Rebuke a wise person and he will love you.
9 Give instruction to a wise person and he will become still wiser;
Teach a righteous person and he will increase his insight.
- Bible Verses on condemnation
- Condemnation can be a judgment by God or a weapon wielded by Satan
- Satan tries to convince us we are condemned and unworthy of salvation; Satan is a liar
- We should never condemn anyone, instead focus on forgiveness (Matthew 18:22-35)
- Bible Verses on correction
- Correction is needed to help us grow
- It must be delivered in love, however
- Must be internal
- The Holy Spirit convicts us of sin
- This is what gives us the motivation to change and be more Christ-like
References and Footnotes
- "Condemnation". Merriam-Webster; visited June 2021
- "Correction". Merriam-Webster; visited June 2021
- "Conviction". Merriam-Webster; visited June 2021