And when Saul had come to Jerusalem, he tried to join the disciples; but they were all afraid of him, and did not believe that he was a disciple. Acts 9:26 NKJV
Saul went from killing Christians to being an Apostle--the one who wrote a large majority of the New Testament in fact. How the Church dealt with his conversion says a lot about how we should be functioning today and is revealing of how The Spirit works. We need a whole lot of improvement in this area.
- The conversion of Paul/Saul is discussed in Acts 9
- I will have a more in depth overview of Acts 9 posted to the site by the end of the week. ()Acts 9: From Saul to Paul
- Paul learns directly from the Holy Spirit and therefore teaches on one accord with the disciples even though they did not train him (Galatians 1)
- Would you trust someone like Paul if they were trying to join the Church?
The Holy Spirit's Role
- The Church is supposed to be led by the Holy Spirit. This is what gives the body discernment as well as keep us unified. Can we honestly say the Church today is let by the Holy Spirit? Without the Holy Spirit the Church is done.
- The antichrist is not a single person—it is a system of worship. Satan's goal is to get us to worship him instead of God. "Anti"-Christ means "in place of" Christ. If the Church isn't functioning the way it’s supposed to be, it will be even easier for people to deceive the masses.